Facebooked about 1 day ago
Our designer Lucinda caught in an interesting situation at the airport....watch this do go on »
We build our sites responsibly.
There's a lot more responsibility involved than just making it look good & setting it live.
We've got standards and comply with...
Web standards are technologies established by the W3C and other groups to create a common ground for Web Development. The goal in creating these technologies is to ensure the life span of documents on the web as well as to make sure each of these documents work correctly for as many users as possible.
In more simplistic terms, if you are investing in building a new house you want to make sure it complies to industry standards in order to avoid costly and timely rebuilds. It's the same when building a website.
Why use Web Standards?
The most important reasons why your website should be developed to Web Standards is that it can save you time and money and provide a better experience to your users through:
- Simplicity of development
- Website rankings - Search engine spiders have a lot of work to do. Not only do they scan billions of pages every month attempting to discover new web pages and update already discovered web pages, these spiders need to parse through hundreds or even thousands of lines of code trying to distinguish between titles, content, structural code, and even the occasional keyword stuffing by search engine spammers. By simplifying your website, making it valid and by using Web Standards, it will make the job easier for the spider and allow the spider to index more pages on your site in a shorter amount of time, lending toward better website rankings.
- Insurance of future browser compatibility
- Ease of maintenance
- Consistent cross-browser display
- Pages will load faster
- Pages will be more accessible
We consistently pass with 100% valid standards compliant code. Just request a Standards Compliance test on any site created by Swordfox and see for yourself.
We also pride ourselves on producing top quality sites, with high Accessibility & Usability.